It's coming in fall!
By Robert Marrujo:: Developer Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man game on PlayStation 4 has garnered a ton of interest and anticipation since it was revealed at last year's E3, but further details, including a release date, have been limited since last June. In this month's issue of GameInformer, some of the mystery has been solved, however, as we now know more about Spider-Man's storyline as well as released date!
The game is set to take place over the course of a few weeks. Specific story details are scarce, but we do know the following:
- Mary Jane Watson, Peter's frequent romantic interest (although they're only friends in this game), is playable.
- Mr. Negative and the Kingpin are two villains in the game. More are anticipated, however.
- The white spider costume that Peter wears is tied into the game's story. Why he dons it is still unknown!
- There will be numerous side quests to take part in, like finding backpacks Peter has webbed up around the city.
- New York is packed with details but also has some Marvel Universe-specific locales like the Wakandan Embassy, Avengers Tower, and more.
Beyond the main story, there's also three packs of DLC inbound, with at least one focusing on longtime Spider-Man supporting character (and sometimes love interest) Black Cat.
So when will you be able to get your hands on Spider-Man? Not too long from now: September 7!