Mark of the Ninja Remastered! The Messenger! Lumines Remastered! More!
By Robert Marrujo:: Nintendo's Nindies Spring Showcase 2018 has come and gone, bringing with it a plethora of exciting new games coming from some of the top indie developers in the industry. You can watch the broadcast in full below:
And here are the fine details parsed straight from the broadcast:
- Mark of the Ninja Remastered: Klei's 2D stealth-platformer is coming fall 2018.
- Fantasy Strike: A new fighting game where anything can be a weapon. Summer 2018.
- Just Shapes & Beat: Music-infused action by a variety of chiptune artists. Summer 2018.
- Garage: Top-down shooter with an 80s VHS aesthetic. Spring 2018.
- Pool Panic: Adult Swim Games and Rekim quirky adventure game where the main character is a cue ball and all of the environments are interacted with like it's a pool table. Coming 2018.
- Bomb Chicken: A "chicken-platformer" where players lay bombs like eggs and use them to blow up enemies and reach new heights. Summer 2018.
- Lumines Remastered: The stunning puzzle game that mixes falling blocks and a killer soundtrack. Coming Spring 2018.
- Reigns: Kings and Queens: Strategy game that pulls from popular dating apps with its swipe left or right mechanic. Coming Spring 2018.
- Light Fall: A platformer that emphasizes speed and crazy difficulty. Spring 2018.
- West of Loathing: Goofy Wild West RPG where the characters are all rendered as stick figures and the world is black and white. Launches Spring 2018.
- Pode: Norwegian folklore and co-op platforming unite. Coming Spring 2018.
- The Messenger: Ninja Gaiden-esque ninja action with the ability to swap between 8- and 16-bit aesthetics. Summer 2018.
- Bad North: Viking strategy game with roguelike elements. Summer 2018.
- The Banner Saga 1, 2, and 3: The whole trilogy is coming to Switch starting this summer.
Whew! That is a lot of games, and by all accounts they're all looking like winners, thus far. Which ones are you looking forward to? Share with us in the comments and on social media!