Some welcome tweaks have arrived for the beloved racer.
By Robert Marrujo:: Nintendo wasn't content with just updating Switch's firmware; no, the company also went ahead and gave Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a breath of fresh air. Here's the word from Nintendo as to what to expect from the update that brings with it Version 1.3.0:
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.
That's a lot of changes to take in, which is nice considering what a mainstay Mario Kart tends on Nintendo's various consoles. It's especially pleasing that Nintendo seems to pay attention to at least some of the things that irk its fans. That change to the Blue Shell was long overdue!
Will you be giving your copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe this refresh? Let us know in the comments!