Arriving next month!
By Robert Marrujo:: Nintendo's latest Direct broadcast focused on its new, upcoming mobile title Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. You can watch the video below:
Here's a rundown of the key details revealed:
- Instead of running a town, players are tasked with managing a campsite. Thus the name of the game!
- LeafTickets are the new secondary currency in the game. They can be earned via in-game tasks and rewards or spending real world cash (of course). Bells are still present, as well.
- The gameplay seems to be pretty classic Animal Crossing fare: shaking trees, gathering fruit, chatting with neighbors, etc.
- A new Friendship Level feature allows players to see the progress they've made befriending their neighbors.
- Homes have been replaced with campers, but don't fret as they can be similarly customized and expanded.
You can check out a fresh batch of screenshots in the gallery below: